Peer Support Course for Emergency Responders
See the flyer HERE.
The Aurora Police Department & Brower Psychological
City of Aurora Public Safety Training Center (CAPSTC)
25950 E Quincy Ave, Aurora CO 80016
Sign Up Today!
Cost Per Participant $300.00
Great class for new members and those looking for a refresher.
Updated Information & Useful Tools to Take Back to Your Agency
To Register Your Participants:
1) Pay below
or call (720)222-3400 to make a payment and register participant names (no refunds, but replacements are accepted)
2) Also...if you pay below, please call or send an email to email@example.com with your participant(s) names.
(if you would like a detailed receipt with participant names on it, please add this in your email)
Covered Topic Areas:
* To register, pay below and please call Brower Psychological at (720) 222-3400.
- Setting up the team and team functionality
- Peer Support Team essentials
- Confidentiality – federal and state laws as well as agency policies
- Role conflict
- Limits and liability & Ethical issues
- Communication facilitation and listening skills & Nonverbal communication
- Problem assessment & Problem-solving skills
- Common psychological symptoms
- Stress management and resiliency & Organizational stress and communication
- Grief management
- Domestic violence
- Suicide assessment
- Crisis management intervention & Work-related critical incident stress management
- Dependency and abuse (alcohol, substance, gambling, and other addictive behaviors)
- When to seek licensed mental health consultation and referral information
- Relationship / family issues and concerns
- Military support
- Wellness and self-care (for employees and PSPs)
(Retirees who are currently part of a peer support program may attend for free. Please call in to register, so we have a count.)